EuGeni is a fast, accurate and compact solution for rapid point-of-care testing. With a small and portable benchtop design, it can be easily transported in the clinic and on the field for use by healthcare professionals.
In response to the global pandemic, we’ve introduced AnteoTech’s SARS-CoV-2 Ag rapid test as the first test to be used with EuGeni. Incorporating AnteoBind activated Europium, the test delivers optimal performance at 97.3% sensitivity1
Key features of the system include:
- Results analysis in 1 minute enabling mass-scale testing
- Fluorescent technology delivering strong detection signal
- Saliva-based sampling currently in development2
- Kit includes all materials: nasopharyngeal swabs, dropper bottle, test cassette
- Intuitive design with an easy-to-use colour touch screen
- Barcode scanner and printer option available3 increasing testing efficiency and reducing data errors
SARS-CoV-2 Ag Rapid Diagnostic Test
Rapid screening and identification of SARS-CoV-2 antigen with a simple lateral flow method using a nasal sample. This allows immediate treatment of patients, limiting the spread of COVID-19. The SARS-CoV-2 Ag RDT is a single use, disposable, lateral flow test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigen in nasopharyngeal specimens collected from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 infection.
EuGeni SARS-CoV-2 Ag RDT
The EuGeni SARS-CoV-2 Ag RDT is a test strip based on lateral flow technology and utilises nanoparticles, doped with europium, as the fluorescent reporter system. The test strips are housed in a cassette for compatibility with the EuGeni fluorescent strip reader.
The SARS-CoV-2 Ag RDT is intended to be used by healthcare professionals for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigen in nasopharyngeal specimens collected from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 infection.
The results from this in vitro diagnostic test identifies the presence or absence of the SARS-CoV-2 antigen as an aid for the diagnosis of COVID-19 infection.
- Nasopharyngeal specimen collection
- Simple platform using EuGeni Reader
- Cassettes can be read up to 2 hours after processing
- Delivery of patient results within15 minutes of samples being taken
- For use in mass population screening for control of the disease
Clinical Sensitivity and Specificity
444 nasopharyngeal de-identified samples were analyzed 184 of which were clinically diagnosed (RT-PCR confirmed) as positive for SARS-CoV-2 and 260 diagnosed as negative.
Sensitivity: 179 / 184 = 97.3%
Specificity: 259 / 260 = 99.6%
The Limit of Detection (LoD) of the EuGeni SARS-CoV-2 Ag RDT was confirmed experimentally by testing 20 replicates of gamma irradiated inactivated SARS-CoV-2 isolate to 2.81 x 105 genome copies/mL. All 20 results were positive.